​President                     Mark V. Murphy

1st Vice President      Keith Hansen

2nd Vice President     Lou Falco 

Treasurer                     Joe Cain

Secretary                      Lynn Hayes

Financial Secretary      Jim Sciacca

1st Sgt. at Arms           Mike Heath

2nd Sgt at Arms           Ed Weireter

Editor                             Peg Varieur

Chaplain                        George Albin


Orangetown               Daniel Ryan

Clarkstown                  Ray McCullagh

Haverstraw                  Manny Figueroa

Stony Point                  Bob Bertrand

Ramapo                        Mike Higgins    

Trustee at Large          Tim Connolly Jr

​Health and Welfare    John Dillon

​Historian                       Jack Coleman

Historian Emeritus      Tony Simeti

Past President             Bob Varieur

News, Gatherings and Reunions 

Congratulations to member William McCabe (NYPD) on hid promotion to Detective First Grade on December 22, 2017. 

                                         News, Gatherings and Reunions 

Pistol License Recertification

In accordance with the NY SAFE Act, NYS Pistol License holders that were licensed prior to January 15, 2013 must recertify their license with the NYS Police by January 31, 2018.  License holders that were issued after January 15, 2013 need to recertify every 5 years. Visit 
To recertify online. required information includes; name, date of birth, address, permit number and list of registered pistols.  Having done this myself on the above listed website I can attest it is a simple process taking only a few minutes.  

Electric Circus Bombing

A documentary is in the works surrounding the bombing of the Electric Circus Nightclub located at 23 St Marks Place (9th Pct.) on March 22, 1970.  Larry Confino, who is the producer/director would like to talk to any retired Police Officers who may have been working. You can reach him at (917) 363-1669.  

Survivors of the Shield

Survivors of the Shield (SOS) is asking for your help in writing a book filled with your Memories about Sergeant Paul Tuozzolo of the 43rd Precinct New York City Police Department. The book will be titled “Paul’s Stories”. This book is for Paul’s children, for his boys as they grow into adults, His boys will never know their dad as you did. Will you please help us, to help them know what kind of a person Paul was. We are looking for you to share your war stories, the fond memories you have of him, for your pictures of Paul at work or after work. We are looking for news articles and anything you would like to share with his children who are so young now, they won’t remember this time in their life.   If you didn’t know Paul well, you can share this page so others who did can share their stories with his children. This book will not be published; it is for private family use. It is so important for Children to know their parents through the eyes of friends, family and co-workers. Not only will it provide a connection but also an understanding or a completeness into the lives their parents led through the words of others.  Help us build this book for Paul’s children. Remember, there is no book without your memories. Please send all correspondence to;  

Employment Opportunities

FREE TRAINING IF HIRED. CALL 845-429-3407 OR VISIT HAVERSTRAW TRANSIT AT 204 WEST STREET, HAVERSTRAW NY.                                                                                                   

                                                  Call to Action: Parole Opposition

We are writing to ask for your support and action to ensure that a convicted felon who killed a New York State Police Investigator decades ago remains in prison. Joseph Comfort, who murdered Inv. Robert L. VanHall Jr., is scheduled for a parole hearing during the week of January 29, 2018. We need your help to ensure Comfort is denied parole and kept in prison, where he belongs. 
Investigator Van Hall, who dedicated his life to serving and protecting the public, worked undercover in the war against drugs and was on duty on December 5, 1980 when he was murdered.  He was shot with a sawed-off, double barreled shotgun. His partner was also wounded. 
Investigator Van Hall had also served two tours in the jungles of Vietnam as a Green Beret where he distinguished himself by being awarded the Silver Star, two Bronze Stars - including one with a V Device - and a Purple Heart. After all of his service and sacrifice, Investigator VanHall was senselessly gunned down on the streets of Corning serving the people of New York State. 
If you would like to mail a letter of opposition to the Board of Parole, it should be sent to the following address:      NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
Attn: Office of Victim Assistance
1220 Washington Ave, Building 2
Albany, New York 12226

If you would like to submit a letter of opposition to the Board of Parole, you are able to do so by sending an email to the Office of Victim Assistance at In your email, please include the following: 
Subject of Your Email:  Letter of Opposition 
(In the body of your email, please include the DIN and Inmate Information below. Also included below is a sample letter that you can use as part of your correspondence. It would be most beneficial if you could personalize or vary your letter a little bit so that the Parole Board sees each letter as an individual submission and not a copy.) 
DIN:  82C0273 
Inmate Last Name:  Comfort 
Inmate First Name:  Joseph 
I oppose the parole of convicted murderer Joseph Comfort (DIN 82C0273), who brutally murdered New York State Police Investigator Robert L. VanHall Jr. on December 5, 1980. Investigator VanHall dedicated his life to serving and protecting the public and was working undercover in the war against drugs when he was murdered. He was shot by Comfort with a sawed-off, double barreled shotgun and his partner was also wounded. Investigator VanHall was also a Vietnam veteran who was awarded several service medals. Comfort has no respect for the criminal justice system or the law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line to protect the public. Given the appalling statistics of police officers being killed or assaulted, coupled with the fact that Joseph Comfort has already murdered a New York State Trooper, I fear that history would repeat itself if Joseph Comfort was granted parole.